The standard Rock Climbing Instructor training lasts for 3 days and will be run by one of our approved providers in the UK or Ireland. Providers can also deliver a 2 day training course if all participants have already attended a Climbing Wall Instructor training course.
Pre Course Requisites
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You should be an experienced indoor and outdoor rock climber.
- You should have a genuine interest in climbing and the supervision of groups.
- You must be a member of a mountaineering council: BMC, Mountaineering Scotland or Mountaineering Ireland (you can join one when you register if you're not already a member)
If you can meet all of the above requirements, here's what to do next:
Before you book onto a Rock Climbing Instructor training course, make sure you have done the following:
- You must be registered on the scheme.
- You must have an up to date logbook (preferably DLOG) with evidence of the following:
- 15 led routes which must be graded rock climbs with traditional protection.
- 15 led routes at a climbing wall.
- 5 led routes which must be outdoor bolt protected sport climbs.
A variety of cost packages are available depending on what's included; food, accommodation etc. so you can choose one that's right for you.