Day 1 is primarily spent indoors learning the content.
Day 2 is when we put these skills into practice outdoors with casualty simulations.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- First Aid Equipment
- Assessment of the situation
- Prioritising treatment
- Environmental factors
- Moving a casualty
- Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Control of bleeding
- Head injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Heat exhaustion
Qualification training requires:
- 1:12 tutor to candidate ratio.
- Course must be completed within 9 weeks of starting.
- Each delivery session must be a minimum of 2 hours.
- The qualification is re-validated by attending another similar course after 3 years.
You will be issued a Nuco Training Instructor Certificate, as well as a Level 3 Ofqual regulated certificate. The qualification is valid for 3 years, after which you will need to attend a re-qualification course.