Expeditions this year include:
Mallorca, Tatra Mountains, Alps, Slovenia Lake District, North Wales, Brecon Beacons, Dartmoor, Cornwall, Gower and Wye Valley
- Gain excellent personal skills in many outdoor activities provided by specialist qualified instructors.
- Have first-hand experience with groups of all ages and backgrounds, making this course unique; an essential element needed to gain NGB's.
- Travel throughout the UK and Europe and have the opportunity to go to all over the world.
- Gain many National Governing Body Qualifications, including UCAS Points.
- Receive specific Montane kit, for the training.
12 months non-residential: £7,800
12 months residential: £9,500
with a one-month break at Christmas
Based at our Adventure Centre in the heart of the Dartington Estate, check out our Bunkhouse page for more information.
- Registration/membership fees for NGBs
Starting Your Course:
We recommend you starting this one-year course in September or January but can be flexible if needed. The longer you take part, the more qualifications and skills you will
acquire, increasing your job opportunities. So far we have had 22 Trainee Instructors, all of them gaining employment in the industry - we sometimes take on one or two ourselves.
We recognise that everyone has different education and life/work experience and, for this reason, the course is tailored to your own requirements; the programme will be designed for you. Limited
places are available as we only take six participants at any one time. The course is based in Devon but we travel extensively throughout the year.
What we look for...
You don't need to have oodles of previous experience, but if you meet the following criteria then get in touch:
- Some experience in a variety of adventure sports (this could be through a club, whilst on holiday, or during school)
- Confidence to interact with others (peers, colleagues, groups of children and adults alike)
- Can apply yourself both physically and mentally to get the most out of the course
- You must be over 18 (if you are 17 but will turn 18 during your programme we can still consider you)
This scheme is ideal for young people planning on taking a gap year, an alternative to uni or for those who wish to make a career change. Does this sound like you?
What you get...
Every trainee instructor is different and we plan your programme to suit. The more you tell us about your goals and aspirations the more detailed and specific we will be able to make your course.
Each trainee will have a personal calendar, which will include information on all their locations, expeditions and training throughout the course and will be tailored to their individual needs and
Alongside one-to-one training with highly experienced and qualified Dynamic Adventures staff, the scheme will cover wide-ranging National Governing Body (NGB) qualifications that can include:
- 16 hour Outdoor First Aid
- BC Kayak 1*/2*/3*
- BC Open Canoe 1*/2*/3*
- BC Level 1 Coach with potential for Level 2 Coach
- BC FSRT (Foundation Safety and Rescue)
- NICAS Level 1-3 (National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme)
- CWA (Climbing Wall Award) Training + Assessment
- CWAA (Climbing Wall Abseil Award) Training + Assessment
- DofE Assessor
- Level 3 Award in Basic Expedition Leadership (formerly known as BELA)
- SML (Summer Mountain Leader) Training + Assessment if ready
- SPA (Single Pitch Award) Training + Assessment if ready
- Site specific awards in Archery, High ropes, Zipline, Bushcraft
- Archery GB
- NNAS (National Navigation Award Scheme)
- MIAS Mountain Bike Instructor Level 1 with Level 2 training
- Working towards IML (International Mountain Leader)
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Gold (for under 25's)
We won't hand you qualifications on a plate - we will teach you all the skills required to become an Outdoor Adventure Instructor and train you to the highest standard, but it is you and you alone
who determines what qualifications and how many of them you will gain. The more you put in, the more you'll get out.
The programme will also provide amazing opportunities for travel and adventure across the UK and a wealth of international experience through trips to areas such as Iceland, Slovenia, Corsica,
Switzerland, Spain, Poland, Peru, Costa Rica, Borneo, Canada and many more!
The Lychee ethos...
Safe - the safety of all involved in any outdoor activity is paramount. During the Trainee Instructor Scheme, you will learn techniques to
ensure personal safety and the safety of others in a range of different situations. Theory and practical skills are taught in depth to provide all trainees with the confidence to run many outdoor
Fun - Dynamic Adventures are experts at having fun in the great outdoors and we will encourage all our trainees to feel confident and happy
in all that we do. The diversity of the programme offers exciting experiences in a variety of stunning locations.
Flexible - outdoor instructors need to be able to think on their feet. Trainees will learn the skills required to construct a successful
session independently, making responsible decisions in view of the group and the activity. Dynamic Adventures are fortunate to work with a large variety of clients, in a large variety of locations in
the UK and abroad, making every day an exciting challenge.
Inspiring – the team of highly experienced and qualified staff, who are themselves passionate about the power of outdoor activities, will run
the course and help to inspire you with their enthusiasm.
“What lies beyond us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us”
Sir Ralph Waldo Emerson
Regular contact with the company directors ensures that trainees maintain their enthusiasm and professional development, and evolve into flexible, inspiring and safe Outdoor Instructors.